Knowing Just What To Do.
A to Z of moving checklist. Having to move on from your old place to your new home can be a pretty tiresome job. But, knowing what to do and being prepared to do all those things can prove helpful.
Creating a checklist to know the A, B, C’s of moving in or moving out can help make sure that everything is done, and then you will see that moving in or out can be a fulfilling experience.
Are you Moving with Kids?
An A to Z of Moving Checklist For The Move
Thinking about the most important things down to the simplest things can ensure that nothing is left behind and no step is forgotten.
What exactly is the A to Z of moving? This is a list of essential things that need to be done. It can serve as a reminder and can keep you on track with things that are going on during your move.
Many removalist companies publish checklists; it wouldn’t do any harm if you were to follow one. But most importantly, having your own personal A to Z of moving checklist can help you with your preparation to move as well.
The Alphabet Of Moving – A to Z of moving checklist
- Always remember to contact your removal company and book your moving schedule. This will ensure that you get the date and time that you need to make the move but if by chance you get let down or caught short check out our “Last Minute Moves” vacancies. We might just have a timeslot to suit you just sitting there vacant.
- Be aware of the things that you need to bring with you and those that you don’t. Give to charities, family, and friends the things that you will not be bringing along so as not to waste any. Sort through your belongings before packing. Any items that might be needing special handling should be separated to ensure that they get the “TLC” that they deserve.
- Check your appliances. Don’t ignore special moving instructions from manufacturers. This will make sure that your appliances reach their destination intact.
- Documents are important. File them in special folders that will ensure they get to your destination without getting ruined or misplaced.
- Electricity should be turned off, as well as any other utilities. Never leave your old house without ensuring that you turn off all utilities. It is a great hazard to be leaving these utilities on – fire, flooding, and even explosions could happen once you get out!
Best Way of Dealing with Delicates
- “Fragile” and “this side up” signs, as well as special packaging, should be used on things that need them the most. You might know what exactly you have in each of your parcels, but your removalist might not. Brisbane Removalists can off you a professional and secure packing service if you would prefer us to pack for you. In that case, just let us know.
- Have a detailed inventory of each carton. If you give your removalist a list of what you are moving, you should have a copy for yourself. Create a detailed list, per box or package as this will also help you in unpacking.
- Give your removalist a list of what you exactly have. This will help them to arrive properly prepared with all the right gear to move you safely and as cheaply as possible. We have a useful article all about that called “Move Safe Move Cheap”. Why not head on over and have a read.
- Indoor plants can be moved without worrying whether they will make it to the new destination. Water them lightly and pack them in boxes with plastic liners. Leave the top of the boxes open if it is possible; if not, put some breathing holes.
- Grab the opportunity to pack things correctly. This will help your stuff to arrive safely at your new place.
- Keep your passports, visas, tickets, and identification cards in your personal bag. You might need it along the way. Keeping them in your glove box or bag could mean convenience for you and your family.
- Remember to keep referring to and where needs are, adding to your A to Z of moving checklist.
- Label all your cartons accordingly. Linen goes in the linen box as dishes go in a separate box. This will save you the hassle of opening up everything just for a single drinking glass!
- Make your move as hassle-free as possible by being organised and ready.
- Neatly fold all clothes, towels, tablecloths, and what have you. Neatly stack bubble wrapped breakables. But Wait, There’s More To Moving
- Open the boxes only when you get to your destination. This will keep your packaging in place until you reach your new place.
- Prepare a box or a bag that is close at hand with your essentials; toilet paper, soap, first aid medicines, and anything that you might need along the way.
- Quintessential things should be properly marked. Paintings and other expensive stuff should be packed and labelled individually.
- Removalists are professionals who are experts at moving. Enlist their help from packing to moving because they do this every day and know more.
- Safety always comes first. You might be moving your personal belongings, but you should also think about the people that would be moving in with you. You should consider the things that they need and the things that they would like to have in the new house.
- Transport perishable items in insulated boxes or coolers. Depending on the distance from your old home to the new one, make sure to add cooling blocks or ice.
- Understand the map. Make sure you are clear on the best way to get to the new place.
- Verify with your removalist company a day or two ahead of the moving schedule. With Brisbane Removalists we will contact you. This will reassure you that your booking is all good to go, as well as their time of arrival. You wouldn’t want to be caught unprepared, would you?
- Watch the movers as they pack, load, and unload your items so that you would know where your items are placed. Better still, mark each box with the name of the room it is to go in. Make sure you have a quick chat with your movers at the new destination and quickly explain which room is which and how you have named the boxes.
N.B. Don’t pack heavy items into large boxes!
Here’s a Google post as an example, “Sometimes our clients think removalists are supermen!“
The “X” Factor
- “X” is not always unknown. “X” would mean that it marks the spot! Put a taped X from end to end as this can help hold the glass and keep it from breaking.
- Whether you decide to use a hard paper directory or the Internet, client reviews can help you a reliable removal company in your area.
- Zoom in to your new home with the renewed knowledge that your personal belongings will be moving in with you without any hassle.
Just remember to be prepared, and everything will be alright. Never allow anything important to be left behind. Creating your own A to Z of moving checklist is an essential part of making a move. It not only makes your move more organised, but it ensures that you would be able to do everything that needs to be done.
Trusted Furniture Removal Experts
Find out all our trusted services.
We have helped clients all over South East Queensland. Here are some of the areas.
Our Office Hours.
|Monday||7:30 AM - 5:30 PM|
|Tuesday||7:30 AM - 5:30 PM|
|Wednesday||7:30 AM - 5:30 PM|
|Thursday||7:30 AM - 5:30 PM|
|Friday||7:30 AM - 5:30 PM|
|Saturday||7:30 AM - 5:30 PM|