Save money moving
The easiest way to save money moving is by being organised and using the right removalist company. It will also help to keep your stress levels in check on what is an extremely stressful day. The easy way is to call Brisbane Removalists on 0407 164 733 and here is why you should give us a call.
Planning is the key to being organised. Here’s how.
Once you know your moving date, the planning can begin. Here are a few tips to start the process:
- Are you planning on doing the move yourself or with friends and family help? A great way to save money if you can arrange this. Or, are you using a professional removalist company such as Brisbane Removalists
- Are you doing all of the packing yourself? Then again it is much easier and less stress full if you use a professional packing service.
- When can you gain access to the new property? Can you pick up the keys the day before or does the new property settle on moving day? Or are your items being placed in storage? If so don’t forget to book the storage facility and if either property has lifts don’t forget to book them.
- Plan on decluttering to save moving items you no longer use or need. Particularly if you can sell off these items that will help pay for the move.
Here is an article published on Google for more information.
If for some reason the planning goes astray, or you need to move in a hurry
Don’t stress if you have an urgent last-minute move. Maybe you have been let down by another removalists company? At least once a day we get a call from a distressed client asking for our help as the removalists they booked either cancelled or didn’t show up.
Or maybe your property needs urgent repairs. Or just maybe you mixed up your moving dates. In any case, simply pick up the phone and give us a call on 0407 164 733 or check out our urgent last-minute moves page. We try our very best to keep this updated on a daily basis.
Hiring a Removalist Company
Now you have decided to use professional removalists to assist, just call and book one?
Although probably NOT a good idea. Research is the key before booking any removalists.
Start by asking friends, family & work colleagues for recommendations. Do a little Google Research.
Check to see if they service the area you are moving from/to and if they have the correct size truck available for your move.
You would not believe the number of times we have clients calling and asking for our help as the company they had booked for their large 5-bedroom house move turned up in a 3-ton truck. Alternatively, no use having a 10-ton truck if there is nowhere to park it.
Check out their client reviews. This will really open your eyes when you start reading some of the horror stories people have posted. Here are Brisbane Removalists Reviews we are extremely proud of.
Booking the Right Removalists for your upcoming move
Now you have done your research and decided on booking Brisbane Removalists, there is some really important information you will need to provide.
- The day and date of your move
- Start and commencement times. This is really important if lifts have to be booked, or the property is settling on moving day.
- If possible, a detailed inventory
- Any access issues or heavy or awkward items such as a pool table, piano, or heavy marble or items such as a board room table. A recent article that explains this very clearly.
For some more information on booking the right removalists for your move and the information removalists need to know
What can happen if you book the wrong company
Unfortunately, your research has probably shown not all removalists’ companies are the same.
There are the so-called cheap hourly rate companies. Although the rates may appear cheap there is usually a heap of hidden charges. These may include additional charges for larger trucks, extra charges for stairs, long walking distances or poor access.
Then there are the constant horror stories. Pretty much every day I have clients calling that have been let down by 1 of these companies. Either they don’t turn up at all or keep promising they will only be 45 minutes, or they turn up in a small truck to complete a large 4-bedroom house move. More time and more money and more stress.
Getting prepared and being organised on moving day will certainly help you save money moving.
Time is money, as we all know, save time, and therefore save money by having everything packed and ready to go for our team from Brisbane Removalists. When our team arrives at your place means less time in packing your belongings and therefore, money saved for you.
As we are all time poor these days, we realise that this is not always possible. We want to reassure you that this is not a problem for our experienced movers. Brisbane Removalists can take care of your last-minute packing if that’s what you need. Just let us know if you require our help with this will allow you to save time and save money on your next move.
Over our many years in the industry, we have come across many different packing methods. History has shown us that plastic bags are not really suitable for your valued possessions. Boxes, crates, and proper storage containers are by far the better way to go.
Our experienced removalists team of Leigh and Jesse arrived at Melinda’s place at Figtree Pocket. The team found that Melinda had done all possible to prepare for her move to Graceville. She had found herself both time-poor and short of the right packing materials.
Leigh and Jesse, as usual, found this to be not a problem and the move was completed on time and within the client’s time frame to allow settlement to go ahead.
Doing your own packing will save money moving
This is certainly the way to save money. Here are some helpful tips when doing your own packing:
- Use the appropriate packing materials for the items being moved. Proper corrugated cardboard removalists type boxes. Don’t use boxes from supermarkets or hardware stores as these are much harder to move and stack on trolleys and of course harder to pack in the truck. The saving on the free boxes will be more than used up in the time taken to move them.
- And of course, the correct box for the job. By this I mean use large tea chest type boxes for packing loose heavy bulky type items. Medium-sized boxes for heavier items such as kitchen utensils, crockery etc.
- Porta Robes are ideal for packing clothes. Just remove the clothes from the hangars and hang them in the Porta Robe. Easy as and no crushing.
- Butchers Paper is perfect for wrapping crockery and delicate items. Not to mention it is rather inexpensive and will save your precious items being damaged.
- Clearly label each box and use quality packing tape.
Using Brisbane Removalists to do the packing
There are a couple of options here depending on the type and amount of packing required.
A full house, apartment, or office pack. Due to the amount of time taken to perform, they are normally completed the day prior to the move.
Partial packs as we call them are extremely popular. By this, I mean packing up the kitchen or a buffet or wall unit. Maybe a bookshelf or some office files. These are normally completed on the day of the move.
For more information on Brisbane Removalists Professional Packing Service
Dismantle beds etc.
Have all of your beds and tables dismantled for when the removalists arrive. If you are unable to do this our experienced team can certainly assist. Have the fridge turned off and unpacked.
Being prepared or being organised on moving day saves time and saves money
I know it sounds crazy, but you would not believe how many times our teams arrive on-site and can’t even park the truck. If parking is an issue, maybe arrange for cars to be parked at the front of the property to avoid others parking there. It is then simply a matter of moving the cars for the truck to park. The same goes for the delivery location.
Make sure if lifts have to be booked, the lift bookings match up with moving times. Don’t laugh. This happens all too frequently.
Only yesterday we had a booking for a client moving from a small 1-bedroom unit going to an apartment with lift access. The move was booked for 7 am and the client booked the lifts at the new apartment for 1-4 pm. This meant the team had to sit around with a truck full of furniture for 3 hours waiting for the lifts to be available. Very costly for the client.
In other words, please discuss any access issues when booking in your move and this can be avoided.
You would also not believe how often our teams arrive for a move only to discover there are loose items everywhere and no packing materials. Or the beds are still made, and the fridge and freezer have not been emptied out or switched off. More cost and more stress.
Do you have small children or pets?
Here is an extremely helpful article we published (Survival guide for moving with kids)) that will give you some extremely helpful information on moving with kids.
Ideally leave your pets with family and friends on moving day. If this is not possible, please have them restrained in a part of the house or room the removalists have already cleared. The safety of all involved is our number 1 priority.
More helpful tips and moving hacks to help save money moving and ways to ways to save money on moving day
- 6 ways to make moving faster for your removalists
- The 7 things you need to know when moving
- Affordable Removals
- Will the Removalists you have booked actually turn up
- Brisbane Removalists service area
And how to save money moving house
Now hopefully this article has helped you with being organised on moving day helping you save money moving.
Why not give us a call here at Brisbane Removalists on 0407 164 733 or shoot us an email to email@example.com or simply click here to receive a free quote. You know you will be in good hands with our experienced team of movers.
|Monday||7:30 AM - 5:30 PM|
|Tuesday||7:30 AM - 5:30 PM|
|Wednesday||7:30 AM - 5:30 PM|
|Thursday||7:30 AM - 5:30 PM|
|Friday||7:30 AM - 5:30 PM|
|Saturday||7:30 AM - 5:30 PM|