Moving Terms & Conditions
Moving Terms & Conditions
- “Client” or “Clients” means the party entering into the agreement with BR-AU and includes the party to whom our quotation/invoice is addressed and the party whom the acceptance is signed and or has been issued these terms via their email address.
- “BR-AU” means Brisbane Removalists AU.
- “Goods” means furniture and other effects which are to be the subject of the service according to the locations stated on the client removal invoice/quotation.
- “Third party property” means any physical structures which are to be the subject of the service according to the locations stated on the client removal invoice/quotation.
These terms and conditions govern the insurance cover arrangement for goods and third party property entered into between the Client and BR-AU in respect to the furniture removal job according to the locations stated on the Client removal invoice/quotation. Terms and conditions of the insured goods and third party property during the relocation process is legally binding according to the following conditions. Insurance and damages claims will not be deemed valid according to the points 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 as set out according to this document.
- BR-AU does not insure and is not liable for damages for contents of boxes or contents of sealed objects which have been packed by the client that may result in damage or loss. BR-AU does not insure and is not liable for contents which are obscured by any form of packaging that may result in damage or loss. These exclusions will apply throughout entire relocation process according to the locations stated on the client removal invoice/quotation.
- BR-AU shall not bear any responsibility and the Client agrees BR-AU is not liable for loss or damage of any nature to goods or third party property once the BR-AU removal team leaves the stated property/s according to the locations documented on the Clients removal invoice/quotation. It is the Clients entire responsibility to check the goods and third party property for damages during and at the completion of the removal job and no such insurance claims will be accepted past the completion of the removal job according to the locations documented on the Clients removal invoice/quotation.
- Excluded from insurance claims according to the locations documented on the clients removal invoice/quotation to goods and third party property are the following conditions: corrosion, contamination, deterioration, decay, infestation, mouldiness and electrical or mechanical derangement, unless resulting from physical loss or evidence of physical damage of the insured property. As well as wear, tear, depreciation and loss or damage caused by or resulting from inherent brittleness or nature of the insured property.
- It is the Clients responsibility to account for delivery of all transported goods according to the locations documented on the clients removal invoice. The client should take the initiative to inspect the removal vehicle at the completion of the removal job to ensure all goods have been removed and delivered according to the locations documented on the clients removal invoice. Any claims made for missing items must be made prior to the removalists leaving either the pickup or delivery addresses.
- Excluded from any insurance claims by the Client according to the locations documented on the Clients removal invoice relating to damage or staining to goods or third party property that are effected or altered by water damage resulting from any occurrence that are related to but not limited to weather-related events and disconnection or re-connection of hose fittings and related appliance fittings.
- Disconnection of services – While all care and responsibility is taken with the disconnection of appliances such as washing machine, dryer, fridge, freezer etc, it is the client’s full responsibility to check the physical disconnection of the appliances. As an example, it is the client’s responsibility to ensure that any taps or water connections are closed and not leaking prior to the removalists team departing the site at both the pickup and delivery locations. It is also the client’s responsibility to notify all relevant parties of any disconnections that have been performed.
- Electrical services – It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that all electrical services, e.g. lights, power outlets etc are switched off prior to the removalists team departing the site at both the pickup and delivery locations.
- Any claims relating to damages or loss must be documented on the Clients invoice with a clear description of the nature of damage or loss. The Client and a BR-AU representative must both sign the invoice to acknowledge the damages or loss in order for any such claim to be deemed valid according to the locations documented on the Clients removal invoice/quotation. Valid insurance claims may attract a $500.00 excess payable by the Client. Conditions apply.
The Client agrees that by engaging Brisbane Removalists AU the Client agrees with the terms and conditions of this document in its entirety.